Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Loving Holly Lane

I'm excited for my upcoming book, Holly Lane. I'm about half way through it, and I can't wait to send it to the editor at the end of the month. 

The idea behind Holly Lane came from a trip I took my senior year after graduation with some friends. Once the memories started freely flowing, I was able to remember a lot of the things I did, and the fun I had. I knew I had to write a story about it. Of course, there will be a lot of embellishment used to help move this story along. And that's how Holly Lane was born. 

 I've been pretty lucky with this storyline as this book has come together pretty effortlessly. When I started this, I started the prologue and the first two chapters without an outline. Everything just flowed so perfectly. It wasn't until chapter three when I decided I should write an outline to keep myself on track and to know exactly where this story was headed. I almost can't believe I'm half way through Hollie and Layne's journey. I really don't want it to end, but I know it must. I'm enjoying this book immensely. It'll be bitter sweet when its time to say goodbye but I sincerely hope I'm able to revisit Hollie and Layne's friends for a second book. There's a couple of characters trying to steal the show at the moment. We shall see.

Also, I'm so grateful for the ladies who have been in the thick of this with me from the get go. I publicly thank them for all they've done.



Small blurb about Holly Lane:
This story takes place from Hollie Reed's point of view as we follow her and her funny, crazy, friends to Hawaii where she meets and falls for Layne McKay. Layne, and his friend, are stationed there with the Army. This Christmas, take a chance on Hollie and Layne, as you join them on their journey of second chances, hope and the power of love.








No comments:

Post a Comment