Tuesday, December 30, 2014

5th Review of Holly Lane from Amazon/Goodreads

4.0 out of 5 stars
5 Sweet Stars! I've been thinking of what I was ..., December 17, 2014
This review is from: Holly Lane (Kindle Edition)
5 Sweet Stars!

"I've been thinking of what I was going to say in this review for a few days now, and I'm still struggling to find the right words. Holly Lane is the debut novel for author JB Morgan and is a clean, refreshing romance novel.

Holly Lane follows the story of Hollie and Layne. Hollie goes to Hawaii on her senior trip. Her last hoorah with her girlfriends before everyone goes away to college. What she doesn't anticipate is meeting Layne.....Layne is stationed in Hawaii and is enjoying some R&R before his next deployment. What he doesn't expect to have his dream girl crash into his life.......

From the moment I started reading Holly Lane, I knew I was reading something special. I immediately fell in love and connected with the characters. Even the side characters are ones that you don't want to miss!

Hollie, I loved how good of friend she was and how she was always looking out for others. She was so adorable. The "mom" of the group and awkward . I loved getting to know her and seeing her "crash" into Layne's life :)

Layne......what can I say about Layne??? He is the definition of swoon.

"Hollie, I've been waiting to tell you how much I love you until this special day. It's the staying kind, sweetheart. As long as I walk and breathe on this Earth, you will always be mine. You own my heart and soul, and I want you to know that you are always with me in my heart, no matter what comes our way"

His character was mature, funny and at times dorky. There were so many times that I found myself laughing so hard because, I just couldn't believe some of the things that he would say. And I think those little dorky things are what made him feel real. It was so refreshing to read a story about a good guy who knew what he wanted and wasn't afraid to take risks. He was the perfect balance for Hollie. He made her take risks and live life for herself.

I really enjoyed the time that Hollie and Layne spent together in Hawaii. So many funny things happened during that week and I LOVED, LOVED watching them fall in love. I was so sad when their time together would come to an end. My heart broke right along with Hollie. I was rooting so hard for them to be able to make a long-distance relationship work.....

I don't want to say anything else because I don't want to spoil the story. But, I will say this: the story is amazing. I laughed, I cried, I swooned-boy did I SWOOON!! I felt so many emotions while reading this book and had the biggest smile on my face when I got to the end.

If you are looking for a clean, sweet, swoon-worthy romance; you will not be disappointed. This story is light, heartwarming with some angst and good romance. Holly Lane is a great story of first love, the power to overcome tough times and real, true love. And JB Morgan did an amazing job of staying true to her characters. I don't know what else to say other than I loved it! I'm looking forward to reading more from J.B. Morgan in the future.

Before I leave, I will leave you with a few of my favorite quotes:

My Dearest Hollie,

Saying hello to you was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I never want to say goodbye. Missing you like crazy.

-Layne"

"My gift to you this year, sweetheart, is me" He slightly changes the words. "I'm the forever kind sweetheart. There will never be and end with me as long as I walk and breathe on this earth. I didn't want to leave you, believe me, but life throws some wicked curve balls that knocked me out of the game for a while" "

No comments:

Post a Comment